Did you know that most people are chronically dehydrated? This is a huge problem in our culture as the body is made up of mostly water and therefore requires a sufficient amount to carry out vital functions such as breathing and brain activity. Water is the basis of all life and that includes your body. Your muscles that move your body are 75% water; your blood that transport nutrients is 82% water; your lungs that provide your oxygen are 90% water; your brain that is the control center of your body is 76% water; even your bones are 25% water.
- Water serves as a lubricant
- Water forms the base for saliva
- Water forms the fluids that surround the joints.
- Water regulates the body temperature, as the cooling & heating is distributed through perspiration.
- Water helps to alleviate constipation by moving food through the intestinal tract and thereby eliminating waste – the best detox agent.
- Water helps to regulate metabolism
In addition to the daily maintenance of our bodies, water also plays a key role in the prevention of disease. Drinking eight glasses of water daily can decrease the risk of colon cancer by 45%, bladder cancer by 50% and it can potentially even reduce the risk of breast cancer. If your having trouble reading this, then drink up because you are probably dehydrated.
Are you bored with plain old water? Try these fun hydrating beverages to add a little excitement to your drinking experience. Enjoy!
1.) 8 oz. purified H2O, 2 slices of cucumber(the cucumbers must soak for a few hours to flavor the water)
2.) 6 oz. purified H2O, 2 0z. organic cherry juice, wedge of lime, wedge of orange
3.) 8 oz. purified H2O, lemon wedge, fresh ginger slivers